Revelation over Reason
June 6, 2008
Bismillahi rahmani raheem,
wasalaatu wasalaamu ala’Nabiul Mursaleen.
Placing Revelation over Reason:
- There are laws of the unseen world just as their are laws of the seen world. Wahy (revelation) has standing over and above logic or reason.
- Weight of the Deed = Mass of Deed x Intensity of Imaan in Allah azawajaal. – Some people perform great deeds, yet without the purity of Imaan and intention, the weight is not fulfilled.
- Rasulullah salaalahu elaiyhe wasalim asked a man, What have you prepared for the Yawmil Qiyaamah? The man thought and said, I haven’t prepared much Ya Rasulullah, but that of my love for Allah and my love for the Rasul of Allah. Rasulullah (s) replied, and you will be with the ones you love on that Day. –In all honesty, how much could we prepare for that Day? How much possible weight could our deeds have in front of the King of the Universe? We should do what we can, but in the end, the strength of our Imaan will be shown and counted before all!
- The Sahabah radiyallahu anhum wa radu’An rejoiced immensely when they heard this from Rasulullah (s).
- Lastly, the Laws of Allah are revealed primarily through Wahy. Thus, when one hears that science contradicts Wahy, know this; Science is the search for truth, if it is sincerely searching for the truth then it will end up at the doorstep of Al-Islaam one day. Inshaa’Allah ta’ala. For there is no other way around it, because Allah azawajaal created the universe, revealed the Quran sharif, and this is the only ultimate reality, al-Haqq.
- Subhan’Allah, 1400 years ago the Sahabah (rwr) were confused by the missayings of the kufaar when it came to the supposed contradictions, however, their Imaan was blessed thousands of times over by Allah azawajaal, and that is what held them steadfast. In this day and age, however, not only do we give up our reasoning capability, but our Imaan as well.